Mobile Suit Legends the RPG
Site under construction
Site under construction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S MORE FUN IN MSL

HomeRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"

Go down 
+9
bOZZ
Mnemosyne16
AngelfromAbove
Rap Goblin
dovenwolf
Ise
Gene
Kain
Mr. Dice
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kain
MSL Member
MSL Member
Kain

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-07-02

Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Ghazni, Afghanistan...
Desert Victory Party...

Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 Kain_a10

Kain went out of his tent, unable to sleep. He passed by the girls again, this time with their Captain, and their bodyguard, the kid. Kain overheard Tomoya suggesting an impromptu concert. He shoved Tomoya aside and stood between him and Cheese.

"Hey, these girls are physically tired. What's up with your stupid ideas?" Kain asked Tomoya. Then without waiting for Tomoya's answer, he addressed Cheese. "Captain, I'd like to talk to you and the girls. Perhaps the four of us could talk? I can borrow a jeep so, I'll drive back to the ship..." Kain suggested. "Hey Ahmed! Keys." Kain shouted to an Afghan man eating kebab near them. Ahmed threw Kain the key to the jeep.

"And, well, Tom, stay here. You'll be more useful here. Keep the bonfire burning will you? Thanks little man..." Kain told Tomoya. And he got on the jeep waiting for Cheese, Angela and Kara to join him.
Back to top Go down
bOZZ
MSL Member
MSL Member
bOZZ

Male
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Tomoya looked at Kain Anger flaring. "They May be tired and in need of rest. I agree and if they want to rest they should. As for the concert they have had a hard day and I think They would enjoy the distraction as much as the villagers would. Also now is not the time to let our guards down. regardless of whether they want a rest or not I am launching in the Octave. You scared them off yes but the longer we are here the braver they will become. I am not letting them take us by surprise again." Tomoya said Looking at his hero.

"So I am sorry I can't stoke the fire have one of the celebrating villagers do it. If the girls are tired I will stand out in the octave all night alone if I must. So I Will be coming back as well to prep the Octave." Then without waiting for an answer he jumped in the back of the jeep and sat down defiantly.
Back to top Go down
KaraShiranui
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
KaraShiranui

Female
Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Ghazni, Afghanistan...
Desert Victory Party...

The stench of Tomoya's burning cigarettes got to Kara's nose. She covered her nose in annoyance, looking at Tomoya with a mad gaze."Gawd! Those cigarettes! Can't you find a better way to get rid of them you urchin-brain!?" a clearly-pissed off Kara snapped back at Tomoya. She picked up her bag and walked away. "Let's go Cheese, you know I hate the smell of cigarettes! That's why I don't like being around with this porcupine-headed asshole!"

Kara just followed Kain into the jeepney. She tossed her bag into the back seat, looking back at Angela and Cheese. "Angela what are you waiting for? Come!" But Tomoya threw a fit and followed them back to the jeep. Kara slapped her palm across her face. "Fine do as you wish, Princess Tomoya. You and your dumb hissy-fits!"

Back to top Go down
Rap Goblin
MSL Staff
MSL Staff
Rap Goblin

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Ghazni, in Afghanistan...
Party thrown by the Villagers...
That Evening...

"Goddamn boy, you should respect your fakkin' elders and follow whatever they tell you to do..." Cheese looked at Tomoya, very disappointed at his bratty behavior. Well, there was nothing Cheese could do. He scooped the lonely Angela into his arms, and carried her to the jeep. He placed Angela at the back, and gave her a lite kiss on the forehead.

"Meh, sweet baby girl there's nothin' to fear. We'll be alright as long as Mr. Arrows is here. And your big daddy Cheese is here. You got two knights protecting ya, so don't be sad. Hey Kara, why don't you cuddle Angela on the way, make her feel better..." he kindly asked the stronger girl a favor.

Cheese opened the door beside the driver's seat and got in, sitting beside Kain. He looked at the night sky, twinkling with stars. "Ey yo brotha, its really nice yo' here. You saved our asses man..."
Back to top Go down
bOZZ
MSL Member
MSL Member
bOZZ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Tomoya looked at Kara and Cheese in disbelief. "If them Mobile suits were to come back how much damage do you think would be done to the ship, How, many civilians would be killed while we launched? You might not care about other people and how they feel but I do. So Think of me as you will. But don't complain about me worrying about everyone's safety." Tomoya told them doing his best to keep his temper with the girl. Kara's Her brushing off of posting a guard surprised him greatly he had always considered her the tactically minded fox. And Cheese's attitude annoyed him even more. He didn't wan't to get into a fight but he was annoyed by everyone's lack of concern for the safety of the civilians and themselves, So he just turned and ignored the group. He didn't care how low they thought of him on this So long as they were safe.
Back to top Go down
Kain
MSL Member
MSL Member
Kain

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Ghazni, Afghanistan...
Desert Victory Party...

Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 Kain_a10

While driving back to the ship, Kain shook his head. He admired the boy's attitude in being a loyal protector, but he didn't like the way Tomoya expressed it. He wanted to teach Tomoya finer manners but as it seems, the boy was far too assertive for him to handle.

"Captain, uh, Cheese? I suggest not being too hard on Tom. He's just a kid, and his hormones are probably still raging. Teenage boys... they like to display bouts of courage even when they don't really have anything to back it up. Just leave Tom alone, he'll mellow down someday.. The jeep took a light swerve to the right, and passed a flock of desert dogs. Kain tossed several morsels of bread from his pocket to the dogs.

[b]"So, here we are. Have you girls had dinner yet? If you have a kitchen, I can cook some spaghetti for you. You like that? Or would you prefer carbonara, or lasagna?"
Kain smiled. He alighted from the jeep, and opened the rear door for the girls. Like a true gentleman, he waited for them... hands extended and always willing to assist the ladies in disembarking
Back to top Go down
AngelfromAbove
MSL Member
MSL Member
AngelfromAbove

Female
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Ghazni, Afghanistan...
Near the Fortissimo...
Evening...

coke

Angela and the others were back home, thanks to Kain. She reached for Kain's hand, and like a princess, she gently climbed down the jeep. "Thank you Sir Arrows... cat " she smiled at Kain with cheeks flustered red. Kain's gentlemanly attitude was something very new to her, having been stuck with the loud-mouthed Cheese and the hot-blooded Tomoya, a gentleman was something that she didn't see everyday. It was almost like a fairytale prince.

"P-pa-pasta!?" I love you Angela exclaimed. She liked delicious food. "Sir Arrows, you can cook? Oh! Wow finally a guy that can cook! I'm tired of eating fast food! Here, Sir, let me show you our humble ship! Come with me!" said Angel. She wrapped her arms around Kain's and dragged him into the ship, rubbing her cheek against his strong arms. Razz

"If you need help in the kitchen, by all means Sir, let me help you!" Embarassed she offered.
Back to top Go down
Rap Goblin
MSL Staff
MSL Staff
Rap Goblin

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Ghazni, in Afghanistan...
In front of the Fortissimo...
That Evening...

"Man and we're back to work. Hey and oh, yeah, spaghetti sounds like a good dinner. I'm starving. Thanks Mister Kain... I'll be countin' on that pazta." said Cheese. He just went on with the flow, actually feeling somewhat embarrassed that their guest, a legend from the Second Lunar War, and a staple name in most history textbooks, was helping them out with dinner. Cheese placed his large, dark hands on his tummy. He could hear his intestines rumbling.

Before Tomoya could go back to the Octave, he called the boy's attention.

Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 Tomofo10

"Pssst! Look at Kain and Angela all sweet and lovey-dovey. If that's the kind of person my 'daughters' are gonna end up with, I can die peacefully. Don't you agree Tomboya? Oh wait, I remembered that the bathroom had some nasty leaks. Could you uh, go fill the gaps with sealant first? Leave the Haros to the Gundams, they can calibrate the suits with much greater accuracy than you can. Now, go. Fix the bathroom on the Bridge. Cheese shooed Tomoya away.

Cheese ran after Kain and Angela. "Hey yo! Wait! I wanna taste that spaghetti too! Ze Captain must always taste the nice stuff first you know!"
Back to top Go down
KaraShiranui
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
KaraShiranui

Female
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:42 pm

The Fortissimo...
Stranded in Ghazni, Afghanistan...
In for a LOOOOOONG night...

"No, thank you, Kain..." the stoic and independent Kara rejected Kain's offer to assist them out of the jeep. She jumped on the side, and shook the sand off her shoes. She had always thought of herself as strong, not needing help or anything like that. Watching Angela clinging to Kain's arm, she sighed. "I have the feeling I'm the most mature person on this cursed ship..." Kara muttered to herself. She slung the bag on her shoulder and followed Kain and Angela who were about to enter through the ship's bottom door.

Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 Wellka10

Kara passed by Tomoya and Cheese. After Tomoya was ordered to fix the leaks in the loo, she stepped on Tomoya's feet lightly. "I don't like you, but I feel sorry for you. Oh look. New hot guy runs off with your love interest. New hot guy with a bigger, badder and cooler Gundam. Man, he makes your Octave look like a bicycle next to his 'Ferrari' and you're just standing there like that? I thought you had guts... You made that confession back there earlier, back it up. IDIOT. Have a great time in Friend-Zone..."

After telling Tomoya her thoughts on the matter, she ran and caught up to the new "pair". She also placed her arms around Kain's, and seemed to tease Tomoya by looking back at him, with her tongue popped out.
Back to top Go down
Ise
MSL Member
MSL Member
Ise

Male
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-04-06

PostSubject: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child...   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Ghazni, Afganistan...
April 20th, L.C. 214...
Nighttime...`

"Aww fuckin'-" Issac was cut off as Takashi drove his Gundam's fist straight into the face of Issac's own Gundam. There was some slight jostling, but the head being above the cockipt, Issac didn't feel much of the actual impact. That said, the main camera had suffered some damage, causing the live feed on Issac's main monitor to drop in quality. Issac closed the hatch to his cockpit, in case Takashi's next sucker punch would be aimed lower.
"Ara ara...You left a nice dent in my mobile suit." Issac lamented, "The cost of repairs are going to come out of your salary I hope you know, but then again I forgot all you care about is justice. Money is just for 'greedy bastards' like myself right? Heh heh."

Issac's frustration with the private had turned to amusement. The kid was so hopelessly obtuse, it was ridiculous. "Heh heh, I finally understand why you were transfered to Etchos. You're more like me than you care to admit. Absolutely no respect for authority unless it's someone you're buddy buddy with, you make for a terrible soldier. You'd have no hope to climb the ranks in the regular forces and so they lumped you in Etchos. You're no better than that psycho girl who piloted the Nereid, just another problem child. Like me~

I wonder how long you can keep lying to yourself. You know as well as I do that Ayana's death was worthless. She tripped on a mine and went boom. She didn't die fighting at all, she died because of bad luck. Where's the justice in that I wonder? Resist all you want, the reality is that the world is cruel and your righteous proclamations are nothing but a fools dream. I can't tell if it's funny or sad, you have yourself convinced that you are doing good. You say you want to protect the innocent, and yet you write off the deaths of the woman and children back in Italy so easily. Even I'm not that cold. You say there was no way of knowing they were there? No one cared to look did they? No one cares about the innocent in war, in the end they're just collateral. I heard you even kicked a protester back in Italy with your mobile suit. Stop your pandering, you're no better than I am so stop acting so high and mighty.

You're all bark and no bite Cherry Boy. You say you want to save as many innocent people as possible, but you've yet to save a single person."

Issac licked his lips, his words felt like poison on his tongue, and he loved it so. He had his Gundam draw his Beam saber, and held the glowing blade up close to Takashi's mobile suit.

"You're a fool, and it's going to get you killed. I could take you out here and now if I wanted too. Your Gundam is slow, and your best weapons are useless at close range. You don't even have a beam saber. You can't even save yourself, let alone others. Think next time you dare to assault a superior officer. You're only safe because If I damage your Gundam, I'll get hell from Etchos command. Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll react when they hear that you damaged the Bandit Revolver. Honestly, no brain at all."

Issac was wondered what was taking the chopper so long. He was starting to get bored of the privates juvenile out bursts.

"Ugh...working with you is going to be a pain in the ass. A useless coward like you will probably try and shoot me in the back, heh heh heh...god the sooner the chopper gets here the better. I'm sick of this little camping trip.
Back to top Go down
Gene
MSL Member
MSL Member
Gene

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Ghazni, Afganistan...
April 20th, L.C. 214...
Nighttime...

After Isaac's Bandit took the hard punch from Takashi's Panzer to the face, the pilot wasn't too pleased with that.
Quote :
"Ara ara...You left a nice dent in my mobile suit." Issac lamented, "The cost of repairs are going to come out of your salary I hope you know, but then again I forgot all you care about is justice. Money is just for 'greedy bastards' like myself right? Heh heh."
"Go ahead and dock my pay if you want, see what I care~"
Quote :
"Heh heh, I finally understand why you were transfered to Etchos. You're more like me than you care to admit. Absolutely no respect for authority unless it's someone you're buddy buddy with, you make for a terrible soldier. You'd have no hope to climb the ranks in the regular forces and so they lumped you in Etchos. You're no better than that psycho girl who piloted the Nereid, just another problem child. Like me~
"Well then, if I'm where I am now because I'm such a terrible soldier, I guess that makes two of us. Probably because you're so damn old, ya' crap geezer!" The Lieutenant decided to belittle the angry Private some more.
Quote :
I wonder how long you can keep lying to yourself. You know as well as I do that Ayana's death was worthless. She tripped on a mine and went boom. She didn't die fighting at all, she died because of bad luck. Where's the justice in that I wonder? Resist all you want, the reality is that the world is cruel and your righteous proclamations are nothing but a fools dream. I can't tell if it's funny or sad, you have yourself convinced that you are doing good. You say you want to protect the innocent, and yet you write off the deaths of the woman and children back in Italy so easily. Even I'm not that cold. You say there was no way of knowing they were there? No one cared to look did they? No one cares about the innocent in war, in the end they're just collateral. I heard you even kicked a protester back in Italy with your mobile suit. Stop your pandering, you're no better than I am so stop acting so high and mighty. You're all bark and no bite Cherry Boy. You say you want to save as many innocent people as possible, but you've yet to save a single person."
Takashi paused for a few moments and answered back. "Well you're right about one thing, I haven't saved anyone...yet~ But now I have more power than I did before. And I'll prove it when I take that mobile suit back from the hands of those Chinamen."
Quote :
"You're a fool, and it's going to get you killed. I could take you out here and now if I wanted too. Your Gundam is slow, and your best weapons are useless at close range. You don't even have a beam saber. You can't even save yourself, let alone others. Think next time you dare to assault a superior officer. You're only safe because If I damage your Gundam, I'll get hell from Etchos command. Speaking of which, I wonder how they'll react when they hear that you damaged the Bandit Revolver. Honestly, no brain at all."
He ignored Isaac's threat and let him finish his rant.
Quote :
"Ugh...working with you is going to be a pain in the ass. A useless coward like you will probably try and shoot me in the back, heh heh heh...god the sooner the chopper gets here the better. I'm sick of this little camping trip.
"Tch, you've got some nerve, calling me a coward when you're the one hiding behind your rank to avoid getting pummelled as well as using it to assert and justify your own ideals. We'll see who's right in the end; my belief in justice or your cold realist ideals." Takashi picked up the Handgun that was dropped on the ground and began to walk several meters away, but turned back around one last time to face Isaac. "And if you think I'll listen to you, then you're a lot more senile than I thought.....damn drunken fossil~" He had enough talking to that man and walked away, not saying a word more after that. He wasn't going to let Isaac's bad attitude get him down, he knew that he could make a difference now. He was determined to pull through till the very end.
Back to top Go down
bOZZ
MSL Member
MSL Member
bOZZ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Tomoya was further angered by what he heard. "Haros fix the gundams. one they cant that plasma vortex wave fried them as well. and secondly I already did that All I wanted to do was ready the octave in case them soldiers get brave and come back." Tomoya thought looking at his feet in frustration. "I truly do hope your right and there fear of Kain keeps them away. But only a fool puts all there hopes on someones fear and doesn't prepare. I am sorry Cheese I will fix the bathroom once we are safe. But for now I must do this just in case." And with a long sigh he rushed to the ms hanger climbed in Octave's cockpit and just sat there with the suit online and ready to launch watching the radar.

As he sat staring he used the time to think "Why does Kara hate me so much? Ive never picked on her or done anything mean to her, and yet she treats me like this. I know that i'm not dashing or gallant as Kain I am merely a thug from an ex chrome colony. But I will not lose not even to my hero. I cant be a dashing rogue, I can't obey stupid or foolish orders, and im not a perfect tool for you all to use. Nevertheless I will stick by and protect you. And if that inst good enough then I will find a way to show you I care." As these thoughts flashed through his head he never stopped looking at the radar monitor truly hoping he was wasting his time.
Back to top Go down
Ise
MSL Member
MSL Member
Ise

Male

PostSubject: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child...   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:30 am

Ghazni, Afganistan...
April 20th, L.C. 214...
Nighttime...

"Oh aren't you just adorable. Acting all tough in your little machine." Issac laughed, "The power you have now is borrowed. At least I earned my rank. Furthermore you will do whatever the hell Etchos tells you to do. So if we say jump, you say how high. If we tell you to blow away a village of peasants who might be hiding terrorists, you'll do it. You want to play the role of hero, go off and join the Aesir Foxes. You can wear a skirt, and be as naive as you like, Cherry boy~"

Issac opened that hatch to his cockpit.

"Now...It is clear that you don't care for me much as a person...and while I find your mannerism entertaining, as things stand I can hardly count on you to do your job. This is the military boy, you might not like me but you damn well better start following orders. Hate me all you want, but I am the commanding officer here, Private, and if you can't work with me, then you can turn over that Gundam and go home."

Issac sighed. The kid was so high on his own fumes, he had no idea just how much shit he was in. Disobeying orders and assaulting a superior officer, both could be considered traitorous offences that could end up in a very serious court marshal. Takeshi was a wild card, and with that Gundam he was like a little kid in a candy store. He was going to be trouble down the line for sure.

"The nail that sticks out gets hammered down, Cherry boy. And you're right, we are both terrible soldiers, but don't think that puts us on the same level. I might not be the ideal soldier, but I'm an excellent killer. I get results. You on the other hand are being nothing but trouble. You better smarten up before you're shot down for treason one day."
Back to top Go down
B.R.O.
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
B.R.O.

Male
Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:48 am

Ghazni, Aghanistan...
Mountain Regions...

The MS-sized Helicopters finally returned. Using their cable clamps, they picked up the Bandit Revolver, and the Panzer Centipede, and lifted them off the ground.

"Professionals? You gotta be kidding me!?" the pilot said. He sent a jolt of electricity down the Panzer's cable, effectively disabling it.

"State of the art equipment in the mere hands of a kid. Sorry Lt. O'Ryan, we should have known better. We thought we could use this Private's resolve, but no. He's got a bad record of punching or hurting his allies. We can't afford a liability like that..." said Chopper Pilot 02, the one carrying Takeshi's suit.

The choppers flied North, to exit the Ghazni region. An eerie silence fell over the quartet. Chopper Pilot 01 broke the ice.

"Lt. O'Ryan, you're going to Nepal alone, or we could pick a partner for you. We don't know, Lt. O'Ryan. Meanwhile this Private's going back to the regular military, and his Gundam'll be shelved. Kids hitting their elders or superior officers, aren't welcome in ETCHOS. Let's go home..." He made sure Takeshi heard every word of it. His suit's movement and weapons are disabled, as well has his monitor, but his speakers and microphones were still enabled.

Quote :
-Takeshi will be sent home for interrogation, or for re-training to Military Academy.
-Issac O'Ryan will be going alone in Nepal.
Back to top Go down
Gene
MSL Member
MSL Member
Gene

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Ghazni, Aghanistan...
Mountain Regions...

Takeshi felt much bitternous towards isaac and his views as he sat there by himself on the outskirts of the small Afgan town. He couldn't stand him, even if he only spoke true words of first hand experience. He knew that he spoke the truth, but it was the way he said it to him. After a while, the transports finally arrived and picked the two Gundams up via steel cable clamps. When takeshi was lifted up, all of Panzers systems suddenly went offline, leaving the cockpit dark. He was surprised at first by what just happened, that is until a call came through. It was the helicopter pilots speaking with Lieuteneant Isaac, keeping the line open for Takashi to hear loud and clear, like they were openly mocking him. They said that he'd be removed from ETCHOS and placed back into the academy for hitting the Bandit, where he'd start from the ground up again. He clenched his fists and teeth together in frustration, not being too happy to loose his position after everything that had happened. ("No~........NO!! Not like this! Not after I've come so far~ Not after everything I lost.............Ayana~........") He violently pushed the controls back and forth in an attempt to try to break free from the transport, but to no avail. "Move, move, move, move dammit~" After about a minute of swinging the controls, he finally gave up and slumped in his seat. There was nothing for him to do but wait to be turned back into a cadet, but he refused to believe that was the only option. He gripped the controls tightly, sitting up straight in his seat and waited for any opportunity he could get to escape this acursed destiny of his. He didn't believe in fate because that would mean that nobody could decide for themselves what would happen. He believed that everyone can make their own choices in life and that the only people that could decide for them was themselves and no one else. Takashi would make his own choice and defy this almighty "fate". ("From here on out, I'll have to do things my own way and decide my own destiny!")
Back to top Go down
dovenwolf
MSL Member
MSL Member
dovenwolf

Male
Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2011-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:18 am

Paul sighed at hearing that, but he had figured it may end up being the case. He knew in the end it wouldn't match up with some of the Gundams out there. That just meant he would have to use his skill to come out on top, which is how he would prefer it anyway. He set a message to Victoria on the Alduin, "Get the boy, we are going to China"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie left the store with his new katana, having signed some autographs for the store owner's daughter to get it. He was happy as it would look so good on the wall of his room at home, and add some flare to his place on the Alduin.

Back to top Go down
AngelfromAbove
MSL Member
MSL Member
AngelfromAbove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Ghazni, Afghanistan...
Inside the Fortissimo...

coke

Angel worked alone on her pasta. She made a small fettuccine bowl, and once she had finished it, she looked at it with contentment. She tasted the dish, and it was good. Hurriedly, she ran out of the kitchen, taking care that the bowl of fettuccine doesn't tip over.

"Oooh, where could he be..." Angela fumbled. She eventually reached the hangars, where the Gundams lay standing. She went to the Octave, and called out Tomoya.

Mr. Kerberos, are you there? I-I brought something... for you." I love you Angela called out, a little bit embarrassed. She wanted to repay Tomoya for all the kindness he had shown her the past few weeks, including bandaging her head earlier even if the wound wasn't that serious. "I-it;s not much but I hope you would... like it..." said Angel. This fettuccine of hers, she made them really tasty with lots of milk and Cheese. She hoped Tomoya isn't lactose intolerant though...
Back to top Go down
bOZZ
MSL Member
MSL Member
bOZZ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:33 am

Tomoya was looking at the screen and starting to calm down when he heard Angela calling out to him.
Quote :
Mr. Kerberos, are you there? I-I brought something... for you. I-it;s not much but I hope you would... like it..."

Looking out Tomoya saw her down there and with a smile climbed out of the cockpit. walking over to her he took the food from her "Thank you Angela but you don't need to call me that. Tomoya is fine." he said turning slightly red. "Angela do you think they know something I don't. I should apologize to them for getting so upset. It's just that I've been having nightmares about something happening to you since the fight with that monster suit. And with what happened today it is even worse. Please tell Captain I will get to work on the bathrooms as soon as I look up how to do it. I am a fighter. Not a handyman then again where has fighting ever gotten me." Tomoya said thoughtfully before he began eating the fettuccine.

As the Kerberos was an Italian/ Japanese descended family foods like this were a staple growing up. As he took a bite a tear slowly rolled down his face for the home, and family he left behind. He slowly ate the meal. and relized he felt much better.

Setting the half eaten meal aside he looked at Angela with intense gratitude not just for the meal but the memories of the happy times at home before he started running with the gangs "Thank you It reminds me of home. It is very good" Tomoya told her his heart lighter due to the memories. "I appreciate the meal but I really need to learn how to seal a bathroom. Me and my hot head getting me in trouble again." Tomoya said with a laugh. "But hey I got the Gundams running a bathroom should be no trouble right?" he said. then he pulled up the Instructions for fixing a bathroom from one of the operational computers. reading the instructions aloud he grimaced

"step 1 Clean the floor thoroughly with soap and water and let dry. By cleaning the grout, you ensure that the sealant will adhere efficiently and completely to the floor. Ok looks like i will need to do that firts.

Step 2 Wet a sponge and apply the sealer to the sponge. Rub the sealer onto the bathroom floor. Make sure you cover the bathroom floor as completely as possible. Let it dry for an hour.

step 3 Apply a second coat of sealer to the floor.

step 4 Wipe any excess sealer from the bathroom floor with a rag. Let the floor dry for at least eight hours before stepping on it.

step 5 Seal around the base of the walls as well as the shower and tub with caulk.
"

Rubbing his head he said out loud "Eight hours before the bathroom can be used again. This is a job best done late at night when everyone is asleep." with a sigh he said "Looks like I will have to ask the captain to do this later." And he opened a radio line hoping the radios were working.

"Captain. I just looked up how to do the bathroom. says no one can use it for eight hours. I should do that later after everyone else is asleep. If you would prefer I can do it now. But it would be bothersome for the rest of you.............." Tomoya said then paused and continued "Also I would also like to apologize to mr Arrows and you for my attitude. I was being to hotheaded as usual. obviously you know something I don't or you would have had one of us ready for trouble..its just My job is to protect the foxes and that is what I was trying to do. Anyways I'm sorry to the both of you" Then as he awaited a response he walked back over to Angela and picking up the bowl said "Thanks Angela I truly appreciate it." He wanted to say more do more to show his appreciation. So in a mild daze he just sat there staring at her wondering how he could truly show his appreciation to her, and awaited The captain's response
Back to top Go down
Ise
MSL Member
MSL Member
Ise

Male

PostSubject: Maybe I'm not as smart as I think I am...   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:14 am

Ghazni, Aghanistan
Flying over the mountains
Dead of night...

Issac's Gundam swayed from the cables of the helicopter like a cradled in the wind. There was a familiar weightlessness that reminded Issac of being in space. It soothed him such that his eyelids were starting to feel heavy. Issac reclined his seat and laid back in his cockpit. Maybe he could actually get his first decent night of sleep on this god forsaken rock of a planet. Issac let his eyes close and waited for sleep to take him. But sleep did not come. There was something lingering in the back of Issac's mind that prevented him from drifting off. Issac turned onto his side, opening his eyes so that he could watch Takashi's Gundam in the monitor. The Panzer Centipede was hanging lifeless from the second helicopter, its systems having been disengaged by the helicopter pilot earlier.

Everything that Issac had threaten Takashi with had come true, and then some. He had to admit, even he had been surprised at the severity of the private's punishment. Issac had thought Etchos might cut the private some slack, seeing as how he had been specially selected to pilot a Gundam, but they hadn't shown an ounce of leniency.
"Are they making an example out of him? They know my record for following orders isn't exactly spotless...do they think that punishing the private will keep me in line?" Issac frowned.

Issac ran a hand through his hair. The private had been a right pain, but did he deserve to be carted off to the academy? His military career would be set back four years and any hope to become an officer would most likely be lost to the private. Issac's left eye twitched, something did not sit right with him, but he couldn't yet place a finger on it. The private had disobeyed orders, even going so far as to strike Issac's Gundam with his own. Issac should have been glad that Takashi was being sent away, gloating over the private with a condescending 'I told you so'. Nevertheless, Issac felt his triumph to be bitter sweet.

Issac had not been able to understand the private's feelings. When Issac had been a young man, he had been the polar opposite of Takashi. Quiet, Calm, Cold, and Calculating, Issac had been a mousy kid with a mind for metal and machines. He hadn't made any close friends and had never loved anyone aside from his parents. Issac had always found the people around him to be simple and dull, a sentiment that had gotten him beaten up time and time again. Issac would outsmart even his teachers in school, which led to nearly everyone resenting him. Even joining the military hadn't cured Issac of his social stigmas. His intellect pissed a lot of people off, especially his first C.O., Eliza Faust. This had led to a solid year of physical and sexual abuse from Eliza and his squad mates until he had at last been transferred to Kain Arrow's unit along with his father.

Issac had alwasy been alone. Even his parents, though he had loved him, could never hope to understand how Issac felt. Issac thought of Takashi, huddled in the dark of his cockpit, and wondered what he was feeling. No one had come to see Takashi off when he and Issac had left the Urutsukidoji. Issac had only just transferred to the Earth forces, but Takashi had been with the others under Massoli's command for a while. It was then that Issac thought of what the real reason why for their transferrer to Etchos might have been. Takashi and Issac had not roots. They had no ties to anyone, who better to recruit for a Black Ops Team where you could be killed at a moments notice by your commander.

Issac opened a private line of communication with the Helicopter pilots.
"Hey, O'Ryan here. I would have a hard time in Nepal on my own, so another partner would be great." Issac said, pausing for a moment before getting to what he really wanted to say,
"...Also, do you think I could get a message to Etchos command? It's about Private Takeshi. In his defense, I'd like to add that he did not act without provocation. We were having a little...misunderstanding. If anything, I should be responsible for not controlling my subordinate. Two Gundams are better than one right? Rather than reconditioning him and kicking him back to the Academy, I think he could be made to target his aggression towards the enemy. The kid deserves to mess up at least once, and I will take full responsibility for any actions he might take in the future. I don't want to go beyond my rank as lieutenant, this is just my personal recommendation. If you guys could take it into consideration, it would be greatly appreciated."

Issac took in a deep breath and exhaled. This was the second time he had stuck his neck out for someone other than himself since that indecent with Ariah and Hirmm. Earth was doing weird things to him. Issac leaned back in his seat again, feeling as though a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders. But before he thought to sleep, Issac tried hailing Takashi's gundam on his comm system. The Panzer Centipede's communications were still dead, but Issac then remembered that the private had brought a radio with him. Issac keyed in the right frequency before speaking.

"Hey...Takashi..." Issac began. He was never really good at talking to people, especially on an emotional level. Issac believed this might have been why things had gotten so out of hand with the private before.
"...I have to apologise. It wasn't right to make light of your ideals. I'm sorry that I can't see the world the way you do, I can't seem to find good in it anymore."
Issac reached for a cigarette, but he remembered again that he was out. He took a swig from his water bottle instead, wetting his dry throat before continuing.
"Life is cruel. Justice is rare. Honour is fleeting...but just because that's the way things are, doesn't mean that's the way they should be. Perhaps if I had been more like you in my youth...If I had tried to save more people rather than just killing...maybe I wouldn't be the bitter 'old fossil' I am today. Maybe I should stop trying so hard to get you follow my orders, and instead try following your example...

There's still hope for you to succeed where I have failed. Youth is precious, and yours would be wasted at the academy. You won't be able to save anyone if your stuck in a classroom. I'll help you achieve your goals, but just know that Etchos command is going to be breathing down our necks. You've got a lot of passion in your heart, I can tell, but you gotta learn to control it a bit. The military isn't big on people who are different...I should know...

Also...Sorry for what I said about Ayana...it wasn't right for me to drag her into things when she should be resting in peace. It was a low blow. I'm sorry. If you can forgive me...do you think we might be able to start over? What do you say, partners?"
Back to top Go down
Gene
MSL Member
MSL Member
Gene

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:11 am

Ghazni, Aghanistan
Dead of night...

Takashi was filled with feelings of both hate and dread. He didn't want to believe that he'd have to start all over again because of the way he felt towards people that didn't have any faith in the good in people or Justice. He didn't want to go back, having accomplished nothing. He heard a beeping coming from radio he had stored in the back of his seat. He stood up in the cockpit and pulled the seat forward to fetch the radio, then sat back down. He opened up the channel and heard Isaac on the other end.
Quote :
"Hey...Takashi..."
Takashi frowned and answered bitterly. "...What do you want?" He didn't want to listen to him anymore to avoid any further negative emotions towards him.
Quote :
"...I have to apologise. It wasn't right to make light of your ideals. I'm sorry that I can't see the world the way you do, I can't seem to find good in it anymore."
His ears perked up upon hearing him apologize, but he wasn't entirely convinced just yet. He continued listening to what he had to say without saying anything.
Quote :
"Life is cruel. Justice is rare. Honour is fleeting...but just because that's the way things are, doesn't mean that's the way they should be. Perhaps if I had been more like you in my youth...If I had tried to save more people rather than just killing...maybe I wouldn't be the bitter 'old fossil' I am today. Maybe I should stop trying so hard to get you follow my orders, and instead try following your example...

There's still hope for you to succeed where I have failed. Youth is precious, and yours would be wasted at the academy. You won't be able to save anyone if your stuck in a classroom. I'll help you achieve your goals, but just know that Etchos command is going to be breathing down our necks. You've got a lot of passion in your heart, I can tell, but you gotta learn to control it a bit. The military isn't big on people who are different...I should know...

Also...Sorry for what I said about Ayana...it wasn't right for me to drag her into things when she should be resting in peace. It was a low blow. I'm sorry. If you can forgive me...do you think we might be able to start over? What do you say, partners?"
Takashi's face changed from a frown to a more melancholy expression. He knew that he was wrong in some respects himself, but didn't want to admit it. He hesitated to reply to Isaac's heartfelt apology, trying to find the right words. His hand shook as he held the radio, finally mustering up the gull to eat a slice of humble pie and reply. "......This world is rotting~ and someone has to put a stop to that decay. I was foolish to think that I could get a war veteran like yourself to see things my way. I bet you've lost a lot of people you held close; I didn't even take that into consideration, I was being a thoughtless idiot. You've suffered a lot more than I have and I was acting selfishly. We're kind of like Yin & Yang if you think about it. I've barely scratched the surface of this ugly existence we live in and you've been fighting for so long in that uglyness that you've forgotten what it was like to be in the light. We're both blind to each other's way of life, so we should try showing each other the way, or at least try to.

I was being too rash and overreacted. If we have to work together, then I'd be fine with that. But I don't it'd be up to you. It's up to the higher-ups that stand above us to decide what happens to me. I really am just a military dog. My life is in the hands of my owners now. But I'm not just gonna roll over and give up. I'm going to fight this any way I can. I don't expect you or anyone else to fight for me. All I can do is swallow my pride and ask for forgiveness, But I doubt that's going to slide with them. If that doesn't work, I'll just accept my punishment full-heartedly.

And........And.........I'M SORRY FOR PUNCHING YOU!!! There, I said it! I'm not saying it again!" Takashi abruptly ended the call and dropped the radio on the cockpit floor. He then pouted and crossed his arms as he slumped in his seat. He warmed up a little to Isaac, but overall he still didn't like him. If he somehow managed to keep his military status and get away with what he did, he'd try his best to work with him from then on, but only if.
Back to top Go down
AngelfromAbove
MSL Member
MSL Member
AngelfromAbove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:22 am

Ghazni, Afghanistan...
Inside the Fortissimo...

coke

Angela looked at Tomoya too, seeing his half-eaten meal. She placed the fork back into Tomoya's hands and smiled at him. "I'm glad you liked my cooking! But please, don't rush, and finish your meal. The bathroom can wait, oh well maybe I can help you fix it too...." Angela suggested. Very Happy

Well, you don't have to do it right away. I'm sure the Captain will understand. You should finish that fettuccine first. I won't go away until you have emptied your plate!I love you Angela smiled at Tomoya, her eyes smiling like half-moons too. It has been a long time since she got a favorable response to her cooking. "Well I don't know what you're talking about, but I really love this ship and the happy family here. And maybe Kain and Captain Cheese are hard on us because they know we can do better! So let's do out best! After that, I'll help you fix those leaks up!" said Angel. She rolled up her sleeves and showed Tomoya she was ready to do some plumbing. Razz
Back to top Go down
bOZZ
MSL Member
MSL Member
bOZZ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:39 am

Tomoya looked at Angela with A smile and he quickly finished eating the fettuccine. "Thank You Angela, I really don't need the help. But if you want to help you can. It will be hard and boring and will take a while. But with company the job will seem a lot quicker." Tomoya said as he set the bowl aside and getting up printed off the instructions on how to repair the floor . " ok first we need to collect the supplies for the job. Then we can get started" And Tomoya saying that he began rummaging through a nearby closet for what he needed.

Humming one of the foxes songs under his breath as he rummaged through the closest Tomoya was picking out the necessary supplies and setting them aside he also located a couple of tool belts and set them on top of the rest. "Ok that looks like everything needed. Lets get this job started." he stated as he put on one of the belts and began loading it with the required tools.
Back to top Go down
Siren Moonwall
MSL Newbie
MSL Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:38 am

Victoria had gotten the message and cursed the fact that the immature pretty boy so often forgot to check his phone. She locked up the ship and set the security before heading into the colony town, She wandered through i, along the various streets toward Paul's old home. Along the way she spotted Charlie swinging around the sword he had just gotten like a samurai and grabbed him by his collar, physically dragging him back to the ship so she can prepare for the trip to China
Back to top Go down
Ise
MSL Member
MSL Member
Ise

Male

PostSubject: ...Nope! I'm exactly as smart as I think I am   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:14 am

Ghazni, Aghanistan
Dead of night...

Issac smiled, cutting the feed between his Gundam and Takashi’s radio. Things had gone better than expected. A few honey-eyed words, and the private was like putty in his hands.
Silver hair and a silver tounge~
Still, Issac was surprised to admit that he actually meant half of what he said. He laid back in his seat, his mind at ease. The kid was as stubborn as a mule, but he could still be of use to Issac. The private had been humbled by this ordeal, and if command decided to adhere to Issac’s recommendation, Takashi would be indebted to Issac.
“Here’s hoping the kid the kid is as ‘honourable’ as he thinks he is,” Issac smirked, “and knows how to repay a favour~”
Issac tapped a few keys on his console and switched the view of all his monitors to that of the night sky. The constellations on earth were much different. Issac tried to reorient his view of the stars so he could find the one he used to watch when he lived amongst the colonies. Earth felt like a prison to Issac. Its gravity was like a cage, seeking to trap everyone upon earth’s mundane surface. He longed to return to space, to return to that ocean of stars.
“Hmph…I must be getting sentimental in my old age…” Issac muttered to himself, touching a hand to one of the monitors.
Issac was starting to feel nostalgic of the old days. To think that he had come so close to reuniting with commander Arrows, the thought gave Issac chills. He closed his eyes and browsed through his memories of the Second Lunar war. The battles, the bloodshed, the glory, the heartbreak. Issac could hear Takashi’s words echo in his mind.
Quote :
“You've been fighting for so long in that uglyness that you've forgotten what it was like to be in the light.”
Issac opened his eyes and stared into the dark of his cockpit. The private was wrong. Issac wasn't cold and bitter because of the war...it was because he missed it.

Issac closed his eyes, deciding to sleep away the rest of time until the reached Nepal.
"Sieg Chrome..." Issac muttered, and then he drifted off to sleep.

Last edited by B.R.O. on Thu May 31, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
B.R.O.
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
B.R.O.

Male
Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Ghazni, Afghanistan...
Fortissimo...

Fortissimo was now online. At last. Just then, a message coming from Korea broke through. It was Mr. Park, owner of Park Heavy Industries.

"Hate to bother you, Jackson. After all, you were the one who took those three prototype units from me. But I have seen your armed interventions... can't say I'm not impressed..." Mr. Park barked out.

"The FUSE forces are so incompetent right now. I've seen what those two Gundams of yours did at New York. Sad to say, you renegades are the right people for the job. What do you say, I need you to retrieve a special classified mobile suit for me? If you do, then I'll fit the Gundams with the *original equipment* they were supposed to carry before you jacked them? I don't care who wins or loses as long as I get the money..." Park added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"   Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: "Sandstorm Serenade"
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next